Title: Junior backend developer
Location: Work Remotely or Barcelona, Spain
Contract duration and type: 6 months with a potential extension*
Salary: According to skills
Start date: Ideally 1/9/2021
Job posting status: Active
*The extension will follow a negotiation of salary
Our company is seeking to hire an eager to learn software developer to help with the development of our current projects. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic person with an engineering or technical background with good communication skills, motivated and high level of commitment. Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, create new functionalities, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved with code testing and validation procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will need a good knowledge of programming languages and the software development life-cycle. A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree is required.
What needs to be done
- Developing new functionalities for customers
- Maintaining current projects
- Create or upgrade interfaces from web applications.
What is perfect for the position
- Bachelor’s degree in Software engineering or similar
- +1.5 years working experience in real world projects
- Knowledge on databases (MySQL)
- Working experience with Vue.js framework
- Experience with repositories and ticketing systems (Bitbucket, Jira, GitHub, etc)
- Fluency in Spanish (preferably native language) and medium knowledge on written and spoken English
- Capacity for independent decision-making and taking initiative.
Plus (not mandatory):
- Knowledge of Java, Firebase, MongoDB
- Third party API integration
- Testing with Postman
- Cloud development (Google Cloud, AWS)
- Experience in working as part of a multinational team in an international environment.
What are my benefits
- Working in a team with significant innovation potential that encourages and builds on “crazier-the-better” ideas;
- Being part of a friendly working environment that revolves around the team instead of the individual
- Work at a multicultural environment and a multidisciplinary team
- Facilities to work in remote and create your own schedule